How can I confirm that my foreclosure is active

How can i confirm that my foreclosure is active? I hope if notice of default is recorded..or trustee sale.

In order for a foreclosure to be active, the Plaintiff (i.e. your bank or loan servicer) had to hire counsel which drafted and filed a notice of pendency, summons and complaint with the Office of the New York County Clerk’s Office. Further, you should have been served a copy of said notice of pendency, summons and complaint.

If you have received legal documents from a law firm representing your bank or loan servicer; you can simply call that law firm and ask them directly if the case is still active or if it has been discontinued.

Further, you will find ample assistance in this matter should you simply speak directly with an attorney whom specializes in the area of foreclosure defense.

View more questions